Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, March 27, 2011

It worked, didn't it?

As a kid in primary school, I remember doing a science project once. You may have done it too. Proving that a smaller wheel can turn a larger one. Like most kids I went to my dad for help. He told me to go and get two empty cotton reels from my mom. To my dissapointment, he hammered them into a plank and popped an elastic band around them and nocked another nail into the smaller wheel to act as the pully. Not very pretty!

I had two choices: go to school with the not so pretty plank or make my own. I went to school with the plank. Guess what happened? Most of my classmates arrived with well designed systems that looked very smart.......but most didn't work, only a few did.

Then my turn to step up..... knees shacking.... I turned the wheel and walla! It worked. Okay so I lost a few marks for presentation, but scored very high on application!

Sometimes we try to get too complicated with our relationship with God. We need to remember to stick to the basics and when we do, we will grow in faith and in our relationship with God. So what are the basics? Read your bible, pray, reach out to others, fellowship with the saints and confess your sins! Keep it short and simple.... K.I.S.S. Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment