Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ka poof!

What fun Jesus must have been having when he walked the road to Emmaus with those two disciples. He must have been enjoying the opportunity to brag on himself as he expounded the scriptures to them. He even pretended to be going further with his journey to secure an invite for dinner.

While breaking bread, he allowed for their eyes to be opened... (I still haven't figured that one out) and then................ He disappears!

Isn't that just like Jesus?... Just when he gives you a spiritual revelation.... He seems to vanish. I've certainly had that happen to me. Why does he do that?

Well I can only guess, but I'd venture to say that this vanishing act is a ploy to get us searching, yearning and longing for him all over again. He longs for our adoration and will do anything to get our attention.

Question is......... Will you start the journey again, or will you give up? Don't know about you, but I'm up for adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment