Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Which one do I choose?

Today was heritage day and I hadn't really planned on blogging but I had to log onto the Internet for something else, so here I am.  Usually at work the day before people wear traditional cultural clothes.  Well now I don't have any anyway but if I had to I don't know which one I'd choose. 

There are only 3 confirmed heritage lines in my family as my dad's mom was adopted, but what I do know I have is Welsh from my father, and Scottish and German from my mothers side.  So which one I'd choose to celebrate in clothing I just don't know.  I had a kilt as a kid but outgrew that many years ago (think I should get another one). 

Heritage is a strange thing because for some reason it forms part of our identity.  Jesus had a heritage crisis of His own, part human, part divine and somehow He understood this from an early age as the young boy was found once teaching in the synagogue and clearly knew that He was doing His 'Fathers work'.

Once we are born again we our heritage and lineage take on a new line as well, we become the children of God and as such we have the blessings and privileges of Kings Kids.   

No comments:

Post a Comment