Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Just another day at the office

Normally I complain when my day is  a little dull, but today I was feeling a little 'tender' and to be quite honest I was grateful for just another ordinary day at the office.  The relative calm helped me to gain composure and have a productive day. 

I often wonder though, what was going through each of the disciples minds the day that Jesus approached them and asked them to follow him?  It must have been just another day at the office for them, going about their normal business and this man approaches them out of the blue and makes this simple offer. 

Truth be told, we don't know if there was anything more to the conversation because the bible simply doesn't tell us!  What was it about this man that made them drop everything they were doing and follow His commands?  He must have made one heck of an impression on them somehow.  OR, was it perhaps because somehow God allowed them to get a small, spine tingling glimpse into a vision of something they just could not understand yet.....His Glory!!??  



No comments:

Post a Comment