Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, September 13, 2015

The ceremony begins

This weekend was a rather productive one on all fronts, but especially because I managed to finish tidying up the side garden.  I am still waiting for Lifestyle nursery to bring in their new berry bushes so once they arrive I'll have the berry garden completed for the season.  The side garden however has been trimmed and cleaned, compost laid and new seeds sewn and is now ready for growth.  That prompted me to begin my favourite candle ceremony. 

In the warmer months and as often as I am home at sunset I like to make a cup of coffee and park myself on my back stairs.  From there I can see almost all of my garden.  The berry garden is behind me, I can see the whole side garden and most of the front garden is in view.  Often I'll have a bible or book with me or sometimes not.  It is a personal sacred time of reflection and meditation.

From here I can reflect on my garden and the progress I've made but it also gives me time to reflect on the week that has past, maybe some of the mistakes I've made and areas of my life I need to pray about.  I also take time to reflect on what is good in my life and what I love about it and in general it just brings me closer to God. 

Do you have a sacred time or space in your life for reflection?  If not, I'd like to encourage you to do so.  It is one of the key and most important building blocks to growing in our relationship with God.




No comments:

Post a Comment