Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, September 21, 2015

Let's play

I'm always amazed and amused by the playfulness of animals and this trait is seen throughout the animal kingdom.  Closest to home will be my two little fur balls that remind me on a regular basis to laugh and have fun.  I love it when a game starts and their eyes go wide open or when we go for a walk round the complex and they charge past me tails in the air. 

For millions of years before mankind walked the planet God only had these beautiful animals to keep Him company and that tells me a lot about the heart and nature of God.  He wanted to have companions who could live free, play and have fun, pounce, charge and generally make Him laugh. 

That makes me wonder if mankind makes God sad?  Does He regret that He created us to have freedom of choice that would lead to us taking on the sin nature of Satan, with characteristics that could bring about hate, envy, strife, malice and murder?  Does He regret giving us inventive minds that could create automobiles that kill people and the ability to create weapons of mass destruction?  To be honest, yes I think we do make Him sad. 

We moan and complain when all God wanted was companionship and to be able to walk together in the cool of the day and enjoy mutually satisfying conversation.  How about we start to try and stop doing the things that make God sad and become the fun and playful beings He created us to be?  How about we do something to make God laugh out loud??? 


2 comments:

  1. Aaaah these thoughts have been crossing my mind lately. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah these thoughts have been crossing my mind lately. Thanks

    ReplyDelete