Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sushi

On Saturday it was time to start pulling out the lavender.  It was a task I wasn't looking forward too as they have served me well, but I do need them out to reshape the beds and redo the landscaping.  Oh boy, who knew chopping out lavender could be such a hard job.  I had planned to get the heads chopped off so that I could then dig out the roots.  Being such a tough job though I didn't finish which left me feeling unsatisfied with the progress, there was no sense of accomplishment.  Who knows I might need to get help with this one. 

Worse than this though was the failure of our beloved Springbok team to beat the Japanese rugby squad, which by all intents and purposes should have been a walk in the park.  Academically speaking, we were better than them but what we had failed to take into account and should have was the good coaching that they had received was well as the well known Japanese toughness and grit. Well needless to say the sushi jokes have been flying ever since.... :-P   I know its still early days and things could change but for us it was as if a national day of mourning had been declared and the grey sky's did not help the mood. 

A sense of accomplishment is what keeps us going in life, but what we often forget is the hard journey along the way to reaching a specific point.  My beautiful side garden did not happen over night it has taken years of trial and error with plants and constant change (and it is still changing).  My front garden has been through many evolutions as well but then I figured out that I didn't like what I had done before and wanted something new, so now it will certainly take time to finish again.  The work however will be worth the effort, of that I am sure. 

Accomplishment is not a single event, but many moments of slog and toil that arrive at a positive destination.  In our relationship with God we cannot expect to reach our spiritual growth goals in one moment.  No, they will take consistent effort at developing our personal relationship with God - day by day. 

And that is why no matter how old we are, or how long we've been serving Christ, every day will be a day in which we can only say that we are ......

Growing with God! 


No comments:

Post a Comment