Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, September 7, 2015

Oh the pain of honesty!



These past few days brought me face to face with a scary reality….I haven’t been truly honest with myself about my emotions.  Strangely…..or not so much, I realized that my dishonesty with my emotions has robbed me of the opportunity to see the truth for what it is.  The hardest thing for me was to accept that this meant that in a particular area I was not truly walking in faith. 

It was hard not to get critical of this lack of faith for after all, I profess to be a woman of faith believing God for His best in my life, but the reality of the matter was that I wasn’t practicing this at all.  But then I remembered Peter sinking in the water and I could also see Jesus holding out His hand and saying…..don’t be afraid, come to me!  God’s grace and mercy are strongest when we see ourselves sinking. 

Now a new opportunity arises, one to see the truth, to know my weaknesses and to look faith, rather than failure and see God’s strength and abundance just waiting to meet my need.  This abundance in faith is not only mine, but yours also, so I invite you today to join me. 

Have you been downcast over the loss of a dream?  If so, raise your head and look to Jesus, and join with me as we dare to walk on the water with Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment