Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, June 18, 2015

The difference between cats and dogs

I'm looking after my neighbour's doggie for a few days while they are away.  I must admit this is a first for me looking after a doggie, I've done cats quite a few times and boy what a difference.  The most striking for me is that when looking after a kitty, show it a warm soft space and they will be in there like lightning, not so for dogs (maybe a dog owner can explain that to me one day). 

I have tried in vain a couple of times this evening to coax the little thing into her bed which I have specially tried to fluff up for her a bit of my kitties bedding due to the cold.  I didn't get any sense that the fact that it was my cats bedding was an issue, she just wasn't interested in getting warm and snug, which was a total surprise for me. 

Cats have two distinct elements they focus on, comfort and survival.  A cozy bed and food... that pretty much sums it all up.  In our spiritual lives could it possibly also be that simple?  If a warm bed was represented by the importance of good fellowship and strong Christian relationships and food obviously being God's word, would that not sum it up?  I think it possibly could.

So who, or what are you snuggling up to spiritually and are you getting a strong meal of the word of God on a regular basis? 

No comments:

Post a Comment