Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

So you think you are right

For the last week or so I have been in an argument with my local NHC health practice over the incident when I gashed my little finger.  The cliff notes on the case was that I entered the practice and specifically requested the assistance of a nurse to attend to the wound.  It was my impression that she felt the matter was just too much of a bother and said to me I needed to see a doctor.

As I was not the professional in the situation so I followed her orders.  When I saw the doctor, he cleaned the wound, slapped a plaster on it and sent me away with a bill of R475.00.  Naturally I was outraged, I knew full well that a nurse could have done exactly the same thing and I felt she had been negligent in her duties. 

When I argued the case the practice stood by their 'professionals opinion' in the matter only further driving my indignation.  To cut a long story short, they finally agreed to 'write it off' and reverse the charges and give me a refund.  Well they may think that they 'got rid' of the problem but they lost sight of the bigger picture....it has been proven time and again that the worst advertising you can get is bad word of mouth press.  Will I go back there again?  Highly debatable. 

So the question I always ask, what does this have to do with our faith?  Well as Christians we do not have to just put up with everything and especially unjust treatment, so there are times when we have to be difficult and stand our ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment