Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, June 21, 2015

It's their turn now

As much as I hate winter, there is one thing I try to remind myself of and that is that it is the turn of the folks living in the northern hemisphere of our planet to have summer.  Especially when you consider that many northern hemisphere countries experience far harsher winters than we do. 

It is only natural though to be day dreaming about spring and what we'll get done while spring arrives.  A big project for me right now if the front garden remodeling.  I am almost finished digging out the plants I don't want.  What I had allowed as part of my gardening experiment was to allow the mint I had planted there to grow wild......not such a great idea.  The very nature of mint and the fact that every branch that touches the ground grows roots and then also that the roots underground spread makes it extremely difficult to get out.  That is why I am digging it all out now so that I can see what still pops up before new planting gets done.  I have a sneaky suspicion I may still end up with it recurring no matter how hard I try to clear it.

Spiritually that can happen too.  We plant things in our lives deliberately or by accident because we think they are good but at the end of the day it causes more damage than good.  Digging up the roots of bad habits and sin can be extremely difficult, so the moral of the story is for us to keep the garden of our heart well pruned and in check.   


No comments:

Post a Comment