Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Too heavy a load

It is seriously taking me a lot longer to get all the bits and pieces of the house and garden back to normal after the renovation. Inside is done, just the top of the kitchen cupboards left to clean, but the patio was another story, so before I could tackle my first serious gardening for the season, that had to be sorted.

Well all was going fine, until I came across the one and a half boxes of floor tiles left over from the job. Now they say you are supposed to keep these for any future repairs, so I thought I could just shunt them over to the corner and leave them there. NOT. I had no clue how heavy the darn things were. No wonder the delivery guys were looking at my cross eyed when they brought them in.

I tugged and I pushed and I did everything I possibly could to get them to move, but it just wasn't happening. I eventually had to give in to the fact that I was going to have to move one or two at a time. This wasn't the best idea but the only solution I could manage. Eventually it got done.

This made me think about the divide and conquer strategy that the devil uses against our marriages today. He puts husband and wife at war with each other and then the kids and then we wonder why we are not able to achieve Godly submission within the marriage and why marriages fail.

You may disagree with me on my next point but take some time to think it through and ask God to open your heart to this spiritual reality. Yes, God made man to be the head of the husband and wife relationship and head of the family, but in order to succeed at this the husband has to expose his heart to allow him to love and care for his family. It is the wife's role therefore to act as spiritual guardian over her husbands heart and to protect him from attack from the enemy.

Ladies, God made us strong, strong enough to endure childbirth, so yes we can do this!
Gentlemen, encourage your lady to stand up to her role so that she protect you where necessary.
When we work together, the devil will not have his way and our marriages will be strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment