Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Home Reno – It's doooooooone!

Saturday, day 3 of the home reno was by far the most stressful. I think I heard the guy accepting another job starting Sunday, so I'm guessing he decided it was time to hurry up and get done. The problem was he called in the cavalry with two extra men and didn't let me know before hand, left me feeling very uncomfortable.

Anyway, I was about to rush out to go and get the paint when they called me upstairs with a problem. Seems the original builders did a nasty and installed the drain trap diagonally across the base of the shower instead of straight. The new drain fitted but the metal plate at the top did not want to fit in the normal position. Their solution was that I needed to go and get new piping and an elbow fitting. I wasn't having any of that. After looking at the problem myself I figured the plate would fit and that all that was needed to fix the problem was to add two small metal washers so that it would hook in properly.

With solution in hand I rushed off to get the goodies and paint and then once that was done things smoothed out for the day. What frustrated me though was that here are guys who do this every day for a living, why could they not figure it out? Why did I have to find the solution, a women with no plumbing experience....... :-(

In our spiritual lives we can get ourselves into a similar situation. Something small just doesn't fit and then we want to throw in the towel. Lets use a practical example. You feel you should have a quiet time in the mornings but you are just not a morning person. Well then, grab a verse for the day in the morning and do your quiet time at night.... problem solved!

I'd like to encourage you not to let small things trap you up in your relationship with God. Focus on the bigger picture and figure it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment