Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Getting there

It took a whole week for the cement smell to dissipate but it is finally gone and I was able to move back into my bedroom this weekend. It was time to get stuck into the spare room and get it back to being a 'spare' room. Lol! I had wanted to tackle the patio this weekend too but that just didn't happen. I get so impatient with myself sometimes but my mom always reminds me that Rome wasn't built in a day.

We do that in our spiritual lives too. We get excited about an area in our lives we want to grow in and we throw everything at it, but it just doesn't happen fast enough and then we get frustrated with the process.

Paul gives us some encouragement in this are in Philippians 2:12 where he says, “Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

What does this mean? It means that we should work through the scriptures and allow them to impact our lives and that we should do so with reverence and respect for the word of God. When we follow and heed this principle we can be guaranteed that God will work through us to make his glory manifest within our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment