Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Home reno – phase 2

I won't lie, I am totally stressed out about tomorrow. Thoughts of banging walls and tiles and dust everywhere do freak me out. I was going to do the painting myself but the tiler offered to do it and I know it will save me a lot of time and stress and with any luck by Saturday we'll be done with Sunday left for finishing touches if necessary. I know I'm going to have to wait a bit for the cement smell and paint fumes to dissipate before I move back in but at least I'll also be able to get the furniture back to its spot and that will open up my living space again.

Rather than reaching for Calmettes or Biral though I decided to head off to the gym for a quick spot of aqua aerobics. That got me thinking that it is really sad how quickly we reach for wine, cigarettes, chocolate or whatever our drug of choice is to alleviate stress rather than using exercise. Worse than that our minds run wild and we completely forget about the word and how powerful it can be in guiding our thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I'm just as guilty as anyone.

So if like me you are stressed out, remember that God made our bodies to move and He made our hearts to respond to His word, so declare that word today.....

I can do and live through all things in Jesus name! Amen!





No comments:

Post a Comment