Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Choices

Today I was faced with a situation that presented me with some interesting choices. I could get angry and take my anger out on the wrong person who was just as much a victim of the circumstances as I was, or I could bridle my tongue and use that frustration to find a solution to the problem.

Now finding that solution won't be easy. It will take time, research, effort and more stress than I think I can handle right now, but it is the right thing to do. These choices are never easy.

So when did Jesus face the same dilemma?

At the back end of the desert after 40 days of fasting! I know that all he wanted to do was get home and rest and one Lucifer comes knocking at his door with an interesting proposal, worship me and I'll give you everything! We think it was easy for Jesus to refuse this offer, but in His weakened state this was no small feat.

But Jesus did the right thing and turned Lucifer down and walked the path from His first miracle at the wedding in Cana all the way through to Golgotha! It wasn't easy, it required every ounce of his strength, an unbelievable mental stress and rejection from His disciples...... But it was the right thing to do!

The result? Salvation for all mankind, for all time!
I think it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment