Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, October 6, 2014

Hiding behind the leaves

My scented geranium's have really taken off and growing like crazy and I'm going to have to cut them back somewhat to keep them under control. I got curious though and decided to lift up the bush to see what was happening underneath and what do I find? Snails. Now I'm sure snails have a role in the Eco system somewhere but in my garden all they do is destroy stuff so I'm afraid I have to be tough and get rid of them.

To my surprise though under the lilies I have once again found a whole bunch of raspberry seedlings. The last bunch I transplanted are having a rough time, so I figure I have to let them get a little bigger with more roots before I move them. I've even found a few blackberry seedlings as well, so who knows how this will turn out but I'm quite excited about the discoveries.

Two sets of leaves with two different discoveries, some positive, some negative. I suppose life presents us with opportunities to pick our attitudes. If we choose to focus on the negative we can easily allow the snails of life to chew up the garden of our hearts. If we choose to focus on the positive, who knows how much fruit you can produce in the future and where the seedlings if growth will land.


No comments:

Post a Comment