Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, November 25, 2013

Stumped

I'll admit that Revelation 8 had me stumped. Between all the seals and the trumpets and all the doom and gloom I was struggling to find something positive. Ever the optimist though I determined to dig until I found it.

Then Revelation 8:4 caught my eye, “And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.” Imagine that! Our prayers going up to God like incense. Notice one word in particular.....ascended.

What are some of the laws of nature? What goes up must come down. It requires more effort to raise an object than to lower it. Don't we often wonder why it is taking God so long to answer our prayers? Excuse the creative license if I must, but could we not assume that the reason it seems so long is because it takes longer for the request to ascend than for the reply to come back down?

I'm not stating this as a spiritual law but rather a creative way to see what happens during the process of our prayers being answered. We should take heart and not loose faith when it seems that the solution is taking a while, but rather patiently wait for God to receive our request and to find the best solution before sending the answer back down to us.

Have faith in God!


No comments:

Post a Comment