Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, November 18, 2013

Kitty Sitter

After all the years that I have stressed about having people look after my babies when I'm away, I finally got to return the favour when my neighbour went away this weekend.  Baby Leila came to be with her new mommy a little sooner than normal as she had been rejected by her birth mother, so she is now only about 6-8 weeks old.  My goodness what a feisty little thing.  Each time I popped in for a visit, which was quite often, she would only cuddle for about a minute or so before the claws came out and it was time to start play.

She tumbled and chased anything that moved and I was reminded of how energetic and playful kittens are.  I remember many nights waking up to the sound of... Ka duf ka duf ka duf, as my two chased around the room in the wee hours of the morning, leaving me rather grumpy the next day!  :-)

What really surprised me though was how truly self sufficient this little thing was even at this early age.  The one thing I did realize that really warmed my heart is how much my cats have learned to not only receive love and affection but give it back too.

I think we are all like that when we first accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.  At first we claw and jump to get out of God's arms simply because we have not yet developed the capacity to love Him yet.  As we grow we learn to receive His love and give it back in the form of worship.  That is all part of spiritual maturity and Growing in God!

No comments:

Post a Comment