Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Almost chucked

I have a favourite little black skirt that I have had for some time. After a particular wash load I think I foolishly tried to iron the thing and it ended up with some shiny marks on it, which I thought would not come out. I chucked it into my wardrobe on the 'throw away' pile.

Some time later I spotted a similar spot on another garment. In agitation I rubbed it and would you believe it but the mark came out! I was so surprised! Wondering if it would work on my black skirt too, I dug it out of the cupboard and gave it a good rubbing. Wow again, it also lost its shiny spot.

Well gee there are two morals to this story. 1 – Not all friction is bad, sometimes it can end up rubbing away nasty stains in our lives that we just could not have gotten rid of any other way. 2 – Be careful what you chuck away in life. It may be a friendship, relationship, faith, patience, trust, belief or almost anything valuable here counts. You may well be chucking out something that could still serve you well for a very long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment