Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, November 11, 2013

Got my ear

Ouch!  When God decides to put a finger on your heart you'll definitely know it!

He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.  It is so easy to preach to others about what they should do, so when the Spirit of conviction comes, the experience can be rather painful!  Hearing and listening are most certainly two different things.

I'm sure we have all heard it said at some point that it is not what you say but how you say it that is important, so why do we forget this so quickly?  I think it is because deep down inside we are all hurting in one way or another and one of our biggest defensive weapons is talking.

When we don't learn to listen and be truly interested in others and what is best for them, nothing you say will mean anything to them or ring true to them.  That makes it very hard for us to communicate the truth of God's love for the world.

So I bend a knee and pray for forgiveness from my arrogance and selfishness. As the song writer said, "Open my ears Lord and help me to listen."

No comments:

Post a Comment