Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

All of the horses

Mention horses and warriors and images of gallant solders in iron clad suite waging war with shields, swords and spears comes to mind. I'm pretty sure that is similar to the pictures that John was seeing in the events that unfolded in Revelations 6.

We cannot with absolute certainty declare the meaning of the many seals mentioned, but one thing is clear and that is that there is a battle for souls taking place on this earth. None of the calamities mentioned are new to the human experience. What we can see for sure is that there is one horse and rider with a crown who is waging a war for our souls. His name is Jesus.

How does that help me if I'm stuck in traffic, late for work and feeling stressed out? It helps because I know someone else is out there fighting the real spiritual battles for me so I can put my head down, work hard and do my utmost to deliver my best and hopefully with as little complaining as possible.

We are told in life to pick our battles and this is where it counts. When the chips are down, you can easily get discouraged, frustrated and down right angry, but going down that path does not lead to victory. If we make up our mind to focus forward on what is important then we can rise above all, deliver our best and conquer our world!



No comments:

Post a Comment