Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Walk through my garden

Every day when I get home I do a little walk through the garden. What am I looking for? New leaves. As each little ear appears I rejoice in the growth and know that in due time a beautiful plant will emerge. I'm guessing God looks at us in much the same way. Perched on the edge of his chair as he beholds all of mankind before him. I guess he also asks, “Will the seed I've planted grow?”

His seed in us is his word and as his word takes hold in our lives we are able to grasp his truth and we grow. As our knowledge of the word grows, we are able to send out new roots and grow in stability.

As our knowledge and love for God grows, so our leaves reach towards heaven and we can grow in a relationship of praise. Praise deepens our relationship and draws us into the throne room of grace where we can find love, forgiveness and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment