Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Canadian candy



I haven’t had much of it, but I can tell that I am very quickly getting addicted to Canadian Candy.  My favourite being the little Maple biscuits my friend Bridget brings with her when she visits.  The latest candy popcorn is a teaser as well. 

Chocolate, biscuits and candy are always associated with goodness.  If a child behaves, he/she is often rewarded with candy.  When we feel sad, we go for the candy.  Anger pretty much has the same effect too.  However is that really the kind of goodness that God thinks of with the fruit of the Spirit.  I think not.

Goodness of spirit is refers to purity, honesty, kindness and a genuine heart.  It lives in the way we treat people.  The bible says that it is the goodness and kindness of God that leads people to repentance.  Let us ensure that we are the physical body behind the goodness of God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment