Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Looooooooong……suffering!



I have another name for long suffering, traffic!  Yes, while I learn to grow in patience and in understanding towards the thousands of other commuters who share my fate it doesn’t lessen the pain or frustration….. Ya ya, I know I’m being a drama queen J

Somehow I don’t think the daily traffic grind is what God had in mind when he asked us to practice long suffering.  I ask myself, why would God ask us to even practice anything that required suffering in the first place?  Well simply put, because He did that for us.

God didn’t have to send us a saviour.  He could have left us to fight Satan all on our own and turn his back on us, but no, He didn’t do that.  He crafted a plan thousands of years in the making, weaving it together with the scarlet thread of Christ’s blood line in order to arrive at that moment of the Holy Birth. 

It took a further 33 years +- in order for Christ to live out his life and arrive at Calvary.  Even in our time he waits patiently, practicing the utmost restraint until the day of Christ when He can once again reconcile all of creation back to Himself. 

You see my friends, God has gone to great lengths to bear with us.  The least we can do if hold fast to our faith and not rush into things too quickly and destroy the plan of God for our lives.  So take a deep breath and know that at the end of your long suffering lies eternal reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment