Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thanks for the help

These last two days have been unusually busy with changes in my routine that I hadn't anticipated. As a result last night I did not get time to water my plants and it did irk somewhat. It wasn't long into the evening, when I heard some thunder. God heard me and sent rain.

Now I know it is summer and rain is to be expected, but we have had times when despite our earth crying out for rain, it just hasn't come, so I was especially grateful for the assistance. Tonight was much the same except that I did spot the clouds. It was only a short downpour but definitely enough to make a difference.

Gratitude is a powerful force and Jesus knew this. When only one leper returned to give thanks, after ten had been healed, even Jesus remarked, “but where are the other nine?” Gratitude releases faith and that is why scripture teaches us to pray with thanksgiving. What small thing can you give God thanks for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment