Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A simple two letter word

I always thought I had a pretty good sense of my personal boundaries, but I was faced with the truth today, that this was not true. I've allowed people to overstep my boundaries because I simply did not feel good enough to insist upon being treated with respect. It is precisely because of this that I have had to endure far more stress than I needed too.

Surprisingly I've learned that my biggest downfall has been in the area of not being willing to say a very simple two letter word – No! Why is it that we allow people to push us in a direction we don't want to go?

I believe it has much to do with the value we place on ourselves. Do you feel other peoples rights are more important than your own? If God could say No to his beloved Israel and then surely we can insist on our rights being respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment