Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, August 30, 2012

How's your soil?

Our complex entrance gardens are a bit of a mess. Long story short we just haven't been getting the best out of our garden service staff. The trustees and myself decided it was time to do a spring day entrance gardening revamp. The brief was to get plants from family and friends.

Tonight I went to a friends house to scout for some plants. I found two plants I was interested in but as the garden hadn't been watered the plants just weren't going to come out. I realized that it takes time and effort to prepare soil for both planting and removing plants.

Our hearts too need to be prepared in order to receive the wonderful blessings heaped in God's word. It our spiritual garden isn't watered our hearts can become hard to God's word. When we spend time in God's word and time in worship, the soil of our hearts is softened to receive from God.

How is the soil in your spiritual garden?


No comments:

Post a Comment