Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, August 6, 2012

It should have been today

6 August 1973 is the day I should have been born, on my great grand-mother Ouma Van Wyk's birthday. That is if my mom had followed doctors orders. This however would have meant being induced as cesearians weren't quite as common practice back then as they are now.

Living in Komatipoort at the time, there was no hospital in that small town, so my parents had to travel to Barberton. By the time mom got to the hospital for a check up, the doctor told her that she was already in labour and they could pretty much induce any time. Not feeling any cramps though, mom wasn't keen to push the issue but rather give me some time to make up my own mind about when to appear.

In the early hours of 7 August 1973, mom finally felt some labour pains and her waters broke, meaning I was on my way. They rushed to the hospital and sure enough a few minutes later I was born.

Scripture says of Jesus that he was born “in the fullness of time.” I thank God that as I celebrate another birthday that he does all things in his time, and when we trust him his plans are perfect. Thank God for his goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment