Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I ho I ho!

Those seven little dwarfs iconized one song for the working masses: “I ho, I ho it's off to work I go.” As I prepare to go back to work after a week and a half's leave, it is so natural to feel a little anxiety. The stresses of everyday life can be tough and I'll admit that before going on leave surely felt a little overwhelming.

The full pleasure of leave though can only be truly appreciated when contrasted with work. Adam did seal our fate by taking a bite in that illusive apple and we would be easily tempted into thinking “what if?” Truth be told, had any one of us been in his position, we most likely would have done the same thing.

So how do we go about setting the stage for true life fulfilment in life and work. I think I found the secret in Parys.....understanding that our great God took great care to create our planet and make it a place habitable for us. If our great God could do all that, then we have to have the confidence to know, that “He who began a good work in you, will complete it to the day of Christ!”


No comments:

Post a Comment