Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sense of adventure

Tomorrow beckons a first for me. It will be the first time I will go to a new town and scout about on my own. What I really mean is that it will be the first time doing so as a tourist. I must admit the thought has me nervous and excited as I have nothing specific planned, so I'm leaving it all up to whatever catches my eye as I drive through town.

It reminds me of many times as kids when my mom used to pile my sister and I into the car and we'd go for a drive. It wouldn't be long before mom would spot a road and say, “let's see where that road goes too.” We had great fun but I sometimes wonder how we ever found our way back home again.

For many of us, reading the bible has lost the sense of adventure. When we first came to Christ, everything in the word was new and exciting. Now we've settled down to a routine and it has become a situation of just going through the motions.

I dare you to take a drive off the beaten path. Go and read a book in the bible that you either have never read before or you haven't done so in a long time. Ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the revelation of God's word and you may just be surprised at how amazing it can be to hear God's voice through scripture in a new way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment