Everyday God - Amazon

Friday, August 10, 2012

Behind the picture

I recently hung a picture on my lounge wall. I took great care to measure out exactly where I wanted it, only to find that after it was hung that it just didn't feel right. My efforts to remove and re-hang it resulted in a few more holes being made than planned. It didn't look pretty but once the picture was rehung it felt right.

We all go through life making a few more holes in walls that we didn't plan on making. These holes come from sin, bad decisions, errors in judgement or even trusting people we shouldn't have trusted.

Thank God for his grace, because he sent Jesus to die for us. When he did the picture of his crucifixion hides all the holes that we have made. What does God see when he looks at us? No imperfections or sin, just a blood washed, redeemed bride that he can Glory in.

No comments:

Post a Comment