Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I have nothing


Seldom would the death of a celebrity make me stop and ponder. The sad news received today that Whitney Houston has passed at the age of 48, however has. The song “I have nothing” featured in the “Body guard” probably has more resonance with her life than her rendition of Dolly Parton's hit, “I will always love you” (which I still like anyway).

Many will be in mourning today and I join in their sadness. A life that had so much promise and indeed achieved so much slid down the slippery slope of drug and alcohol addition and the star that once was, never truly saw the light of day again. Sadly it isn't only Hollywood stars that befall this fate. Many in ministry have fallen too. We can easily say, it would never happen to me, but the truth is...... but by the grace of God there go I.

Only a heart that is humbled before God and willing to face it's own wretchedness will survive the rough demands of life we face today. Pedestals should have no place in our lives, whether we put ourselves or anyone else on them. When we can admit that we indeed have nothing and without Christ we would be a mangled mess, will be the beginning point for us to truly know God's grace and power.

No comments:

Post a Comment