Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, November 30, 2015

What right have I

I question God's plan for my life all the time.  After all, the three things I have wanted most in life have alluded me.  Marriage, ministry and family... pretty much all I've ever wanted!  It is impossible not to feel disappointed round about now. 

Well I'm not the only one, Elizabeth felt the same way.  They had lived God fearing lives and honoured the Lord and they felt like they had nothing to show for it, but that is where they were wrong.  God had planned this all along and I look at this now and I ask myself, "who am I to question the plan of God for my life?" 

What right have I to say to God, do this or do that.  Give me this and make this happen?  If the creator of the universe can make an old woman have a baby and can bring forth in a young virgin the Son of God, then I have no right to even challenge anything God has planned for my life.  My role is to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit and humbly obey!

No comments:

Post a Comment