Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Let it be

Today was our last Sunday school class for the year.  With this ending I can also say that I have reached the end of one process in my life.  My journey to considering adoption has now arrived at the conclusion that I am ready, willing and physically able to do it, however I don't have the means.  And thus I now reach the point where I once again have to hand my dreams back to God and say, "Lord, if it by thy will, please provide."  I will do nothing to force this into reality, it must be by God's design and appointment.

It was therefore special for me then, while preparing for today's lesson to read about the differences in response to the Angel Gabriel's messages to Zachariah and Mary.

When Zacharia heard the message he responded with doubt and fear, but there was something about his response that angered God as he was immediately met with punishment for his lack of faith.  Mary however responded not by doubting it could happen but asking how it would happen and this seemed to please the Lord.  Mary saying, "Let it be to me according to thy will," meant she believed God was able to do what He said He would do. 

It is interesting that despite Zacharia's lack of faith that God did not take away the blessing, He simply punished him.  I believe this is because this was a divinely ordained plan that Elizabeth specifically would give birth in her old age.  Both the conception of John the baptist and Jesus of Nazareth needed to be spectacularly miraculous. 

When we learn to say, "God let it be done according to your will," we open the door for the miracles of God to become a reality in our lives. 






No comments:

Post a Comment