Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Too close to home

As I spend time contemplating the need for revival in our country, I wonder how do I get people motivated to join this movement?  Well yes we need the rain, but why do we need a fresh outpouring of God's Spirit in our world and especially our country. 

Well the answer came loud and clear tonight.  I received a text from my mom that an attempted house robbery had gone bad right across the road from my sisters house.  I called my sister to get the info and apparently the guys derailed the gate, bashed down the door and tied up the occupant.  The next door neighbour heard the commotion, grabbed his gun and peered over the wall, at which time he was shot at and returned fire.  One or two perpetrators were killed instantly, one injured and one got away.

This has all been too close to home and leaves me plain angry at the devil but how would revival curb crime in our country?  Well it has been well documented throughout the centuries that in areas where revival breaks out, that crime goes down.  Why?  Because somewhere along the way these perpetrators come into contact with the gospel, they meet Christ and their lives are changed. 

So I ask you....Is revival necessary in our country and around the world?  Most certainly, so again I'm going to call you to stand with me in prayer for rain and for revival in our precious land. 

Call to prayer: 18:00 daily - Pray for rain and pray for revival!

No comments:

Post a Comment