Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Get the detail

I have been itching to paint and could not wait till Thursday so last night I decided to paint my beloved Honey Bear.  A couple of things went wrong.  The background was too dark, I hadn't painted for a bit so my technique was off again and the main picture of kitty was just too small.  Despite this however I could see the likeness but there just wasn't enough space to get in all the details.  This all left me feeling very frustrated.

Well that is not a huge problem.  I enlarged the main part of the picture and reprinted it to get my stencil and from there I will take another shot at it in the next few days.  The situation does make me think though, how often in life don't we get frustrated with God's plan for our lives, because we look the image we see from afar an can't make out the finer points?

If the solution to my problem was enlarging the image, what image should we enlarge to gain more clarity on life?  Well I would venture and educated guess at saying that would be our picture of God.  How do we do this?  By increasing our knowledge of the word of God to understand His character.  The more we learn about God the more we will realize how little we actually know about Him.  If we are allowing the Holy Spirit to be our teacher we will always learn something new! 




No comments:

Post a Comment