Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Flat mate and confidant

Today I had the wonderful priviledge of spending the afternoon with a former Bible School class mate and flat mate who is now living in Canada, my good friend Nicky.  What a joy to see her and to meet and her wonderful husband and children.  There were so many wonderful memories that raced through my mind as we spent the time together. 

So precious for me was that even though we have not seen each other in probably 20 years the kindred spirit and the friendship that we shared then was alive and well.  In talking to her I was able to once again discuss some issues that were close to my heart and get her thoughts on those matters and it was great to get input from a friend. 

We sing the song, "What a friend we have in Jesus" but do we ever stop to think what that means?  That means we should be able to talk to Jesus as though He is our oldest and dearest friend and the one we can sit and talk to for hours on end.  He should be the person who's opinion about our lives means the most to us. 

When last did you take the time to talk to your oldest friend? 






No comments:

Post a Comment