Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Some crutches for perspective

Well Jo'burg rose to the occasion once again! I needed to be at the office early for a CEO meeting so I made the effort to get my behind out the bed early and off I went. Well, 1 hour later I had hardly landed on the highway and I could see this wasn't going to get any better. I then made the treacherous mistake of thinking Witkoppen might be better and I paid dearly. 3 hours later I rolled into the office and just caught the tail end of the meeting.

While driving though and counting my woes, I drove past a man, hobbling along on crutches. He was obviously paralysed and could not use his legs properly yet he was moving himself along one bit at a time. The sight broke my heart and all I wanted to do was to help, but I had nothing to give. I wish I could have been his angel and provided him with everything he needed. Now all I can do is pray that God will help him.

This put my 3 hour drive into different perspective. I had a car and I have legs that can carry me when they need to, so why was I complaining? It definitely helped me keep my attitude in check for the day.

We used to sing an old song, “when upon life's billow's you are tempest tost, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, count your many blessings name them one by one, and you'll be surprised at what the Lord has done!”

Let's remember to count our blessings today!



No comments:

Post a Comment