Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, November 16, 2014

A job made easy

I had planned to spend most of the weekend doing gardening, but I woke up with a fright to a thunderstorm and had to rescue the kitties from the rain. That being done, fatigue got the better of me and I decided to retreat back to bed.

By the time I woke up again the sun was out and the garden beckoned. The usually unpleasant task of weeding the side garden had however been made easy due to the heavy rain and the weeds just popped out. I had barely finished that though and another storm rolled in and I had to accept that I was done gardening for the day.

Our hearts are much like garden beds though, when we are spiritually dry and arid then dealing with the difficult heart issues of life can be difficult. However when we are walking close to God and the Holy Spirit has rained on us then getting through those tough times is so much easier.

Are you struggling to overcome difficulties in your life? How about making a point to spend some time in prayer and fellowship with God and opening your heart to the work that he wants to do in you. Know that when you do, God's presence and peace will refresh your soul every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment