Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I just should have done it

Last night I prepared my grocery shopping list, but by the time I had done it, I had run out of data on my cell phone and today being pay day, I had to wait till morning to buy the data. I had sent the mail from my junk mail box to my regular mail account and I told myself to cc my office address and just did not do it. Unfortunately the mail timed out and never made it to my phone.

I figured it wasn't really a problem because tonight I was supposed to get my monthly massage and tomorrow (Thursday) would be shopping day. NOT. I got a call from the salon to move the massage to tomorrow and thus I had to get shopping done tonight, the weekend I have other plans. Well there I sat trying to get access to my junk mail box at the office and nothing I tried worked. If I had emailed it to the office, it would have been a simple forward exercise.

So what did that all cost me, stress and a rushed 20 minutes at home trying to get it all sorted out before I could head to the shop. Luckily grace intervened and the shop was going to be open later so I ended up being able to take my time as planned.

It was just a simple lesson to me again of listening to my own inner voice and then disobeying it and paying the price. Recent events in my life have made that so clear and yet I still didn't listen. Sure it was a small consequence now, but in other situations it could have been a disaster.

God has given us the inner witness as one of the ways that he speaks to us. It is our conscience at work that helps us determine right from wrong and danger from safety. It is so important for us to learn to listen to that voice because in any given situation it really could save our lives.

Please don't make the same mistake I did, listen to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment