Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Look how far we've come

It fascinates me how far technology has come and how devices have merged. I was commenting to a colleague today that it annoys me that I have been able to follow the whole Oscar trial on my cell phone radio and now that the verdict is imminent, I won't be able to catch it because of my cell phone being stolen.

I can still remember the 'old days' when walking round with a radio was cool, oh and then came the boom box with the double tape deck and radio combo, and oh my CD's were just the hottest thing! Oh and do you remember starting up a PC program using DOS commands....yoh, giving away my age here!

We say we need these gadgets to make our lives easier, but don't they form much of the clutter that takes our attention away from finding time to seek God? I think in many ways they can. I remember times gone past when mid week church meetings calling people to prayer, refreshing of the Holy Spirit and growing in God were the most exciting place to be but now days we just don't see that any more. We have packaged religion on the shelf for our Sunday activity and forgotten what it means to be touched by God's anointed power.

I believe that God is calling the church back to Himself, back to moving in His anointing and knowing the power and reverence of His divine presence. If you are longing for a move of God in your life the same way I long for Him in mine, then pray with me....

Come Holy Spirit come!

No comments:

Post a Comment