Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back up plan

I went into one of the outlets for my service provider and I can honestly say this one in particular is fast becoming my least favourite. When I arrived I asked the attendant if I could use the Sim I had already bought to reactivate my contract line. I was informed that this would not be possible due to the fact that there were apparently different types of Sim cards used for contract and prepaid phones, which is something I was not previously aware of.

I agreed to activate a new Sim bought from their store, but I also informed him of the difficulties that arose the previous night when I tried to activate the prepaid Sim and I asked him if he could assist me with still getting the prepaid line active so that I would have a backup while I sort the lines out. He tried to spin me a long story about the fact that he wasn't allowed to activate a Sim purchased from another store. There was no way I could hide my disapproval but I accepted his terms (thoughts of writing to Hello Peter, did cross my mind).

He took his time activating my old line and then, as if doing me a huge favour grabbed the other pack to activate the prepaid line. “Now was that such a big sacrifice?,” I asked myself, not to mention that not doing so might have well landed his store up on the complaint line. Again I am so surprised at how little people give consideration to what true customer service is about. That being said, I can say that recently I had two wonderful experiences from another company and it has totally sealed my loyalty to them.

When people walk into our churches, what do they experience? Do they experience a body of believers who ware warm hearted, open and welcoming or do they walk into a room with little groups and click's where nobody makes them feel at home? When people come to our churches do they find out about places where they can connect with other Christians and where that process is made easy or do we make them chase after our attention as though they should earn it?

I think it is time that we checked out Christian customer service chart to see if we are living up to Jesus commandment for us to truly “love one another.”



No comments:

Post a Comment