Everyday God - Amazon

Sunday, September 7, 2014

A peaceful delight

After the mayhem of the week gone by, it was a relief to just settle down to a quiet weekend. A total delight in getting back to gardening is to see the fruits of the previous season's work. My raspberry and blackberry bushes are both sprouting forth new leaves and I am guessing that first fruits will only come in late spring or early summer. Most of the side gardens slips have grown to small bushes and my clivia's are all starting to bloom. I had two early bloomers and the rest are following suite.

Almost all my snap dragons are in full bloom already so the bursts of yellow, orange and purple are just too cute. My hibiscus which took a real knock this winter are growing their first leaves. Hopefully once the rainy season gets into full swing that will foster a burst of new growth.

There is a delightful rhythm that kicks in when all things are normal and even my cats sense the pace of each day. Almost every week on Sunday as I prepare to go to church for our evening service, they settle down for a nap, knowing that when I return they will have their last run around for the weekend before we settle into bed.

I wonder how Jesus and Mary spent their weekends? Was there a pattern to their lives and did it at times seem so mundane? I'm quite sure there were as Jesus would not have been able to fully experience our humanity without such moments. I'm sure too that there were times once His ministry had began when He may have quietly longed for the solace of those peaceful days.

Jesus has shared every part of our humanity so He knows and understands exactly what you are feeling right now. He knows when we have had times of chaos and he knows the peace we long for. Reach out for Jesus and ask Him to calm your storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment