Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, September 29, 2014

Back to the drawing board

There are times when you think you have a plan all figured out, then something crops up and you have to go back to the drawing board and try and figure it out all over again. It can all be a bit frustrating, but once again that's where learning to take council is so vital. I'll admit that is one area in the past I have been good at in some ways and bad in others.

In case I haven't said it before, I am writing about all these things not mearly to put life experience on paper but because I too am on a continuous growth path and recognize that until the day we are with Jesus we will be continuously formed and shaped to Christ's image. I'm grateful that through sharing my heart it allows opportunity and times of reflection.

Reflections are good and the amazing thing about them is that they never lie. A true reflection in a mirror tells you exactly what you look like and I don't mean those funny bent ones that make you look all out of shape.

The word of God is our hearts mirror that allows us the opportunity to reflect on our spiritual growth. Have you take a look in the mirror lately and wondered why things look a little distorted? Maybe it is because you are overly critical of yourself. Maybe it is because you've chosen to ignore some issues that actually need attention. Either way put away the mirrors of self doubt or deceit and look unto to Jesus. Ask God to show you how He sees you. I believe with all my heart that when you do you will look into the eyes of grace and forgiveness and you'll have no other choice than to raise your head tall and take the courage to change what needs to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment