Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

World cup fever

T minus 24 hours and counting........ the 2014 soccer world cup is here and I couldn't be more excited! Oh the memories and goose bumps as we remember back to our very own world cup held right here in South Africa in 2010. This was a few months before I started blogging but oh how I wish I had been writing back then.

With the opening match being right in my own back yard at Soccer City in Soweto, Johannesburg was a buzz like no other. From the moment I stepped outside my home until late that day all you could hear everywhere were vuvuzela's blowing. Everybody had flags on their cars. The whole of Gauteng stopped work in time to allow everyone to go home and watch the opening match. So Brazil, you are in for a treat of humongous proportions.

With the same joy that we celebrate sport, let us rejoice and shout praise to God! He is the ultimate king of kings and Lord of Lord's and He deserves our praise and honour more than any sport event ever could.

Go Jesus! Go Jesus! Shooo...... Go Spain, Go Spain!

No comments:

Post a Comment