Everyday God - Amazon

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Closest to Friday

As a kid I once heard someone say that Thursday is the best day of the week as it is closest to Friday and furthest from Monday. That used to keep me fired up for Thursday's and then Friday was a breeze. As I have grown older though I have found that Monday through Friday just feel like one very long day.....

Time just moves at a different pace when you are older. Our fast paced world just feels like it moves to quickly. I've always wondered what it must be like for God, He has no time restraints. A day to Him is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day.... confusing to our limited understanding of time.

With that being said, I cannot imagine what God must have felt those hours on that one Friday when Jesus hung on the cross for our sins. For God that must have been torture knowing that His Son's death would be the defining moment in Earth time.

When next you feel tired and unable to keep your head up, know that God is intimately aware of how you feel. Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment