Everyday God - Amazon

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Bootstraps

I've been talking a lot recently about the challenges that life throws at us and how we need to guide our attitudes to bring us to a place of strength. Well sometimes that means that we are going to have to pick ourselves up by the bootstraps and encourage ourselves. We cannot expect somebody else to do that job for us, it is our responsibility.

David knew that all too well for he tells himself:
  • Bless the Lord oh my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
  • I lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help?
  • Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil.

But what do you do if you don't even have the strength to bend down and grab those bootstraps?

Sing:
Come, Holy Spirit I need you,
Come Sweet Spirit I pray,
Come in thine strength and thine power,
Come in thine own gentle way!

My own journey of blogging started with a desire to encourage myself to see the good things in life, so today I encourage you, to look your circumstances and declare,

“It is well with my soul”

No comments:

Post a Comment