Everyday God - Amazon

Monday, June 30, 2014

The right move

Lately I have been having trouble with muscle knots in my shoulder blade which have lead to excruciating headaches, some worse than the migraines my body sometimes gets, and even those are less problematic these days. I have tried a stack of stretching exercises, heat bags, massage and any other idea I could to get rid of them, but with no success.

Today for some strange reason I tried a simple move of just pulling my shoulders forward, not up or down or in circles. Guess what? It seemed to somehow hit the spot and do the trick, and walla, no headache. I suppose only time will tell if this is a permanent solution, but I am hoping it is.

That made me wonder, are there simple moves that we can make in our spiritual lives that can make a difference? I think there are. Can you steal a few minutes to read a devotional in the morning before you head off to work, maybe with the kids at the breakfast table? Can you read a quick scripture during the day, maybe while your lunch is warming in the microwave? Can you offer up a song of praise or worship while you are washing the dishes? I am sure you can and all these little things could add up to a whole day of being Christ centred.

It really is the little things and not necessarily the big things that we do on a daily basis that add up to real spiritual growth. So I encourage you today to let those little moments become precious and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment