Everyday God - Amazon

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ugggh grey

There are many beautiful things about winter on the highveld, but driving to work in the morning and seeing a smoggy greyish brown dust rise over browned out trees can just leave one feeling a little uuuggggh!

That being said there are always ways to make life a little brighter and simple ways that you can make your home feel cozier. Try boiling up a few spices. As the aroma wafts through the house you'll sense the relaxing effect they have on you. Light a few candles, just because and not due to load shedding (tee hee). Even having a hot bath while listening to some gentle music can all aid in lifting one's mood.

We all need to choose to take responsibility for our moods. Save the depression for something worthy of the effort. I'm not demeaning negative emotions but I know that I often say “I'm depressed,” when what I really mean is I'm tired, I'm sad, or I'm just frustrated. Naming our emotions correctly and dealing with them can really help us gain more balance and feel calmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment